Review: High Fidelity Cables CT-1 Interconnect Interconnect

Category: Cables

15-May-2012
High Fidelity Cables CT-1 Interconnect

At 1100 hours after installation, I can say with certainty Rick Schultz has hit this one out of the park!

I feel it’s necessary to quality my observations from two perspectives: first, as a former Virtual Dynamics customer and second as a High Fidelity believer.

I am familiar with Rick’s Virtual Dynamics products; and allow me to say, I’ve never been averse to spending an hour pre-bending a cable prior to installing, then awaiting the 1000 hour mark prior to realizing its full potential.

That said, I reacted with skepticism when Rick announced his new venture announcing superior offering reduced break-in. Indeed a mighty boast; however, Rick has never failed to make good on a promise.

CT-1 installs effortlessly and its sleek appearance is aesthetically appealing to all. Upon powering up the system one immediately “feels” the cable’s presence while experiencing a system transformation. It is literally altering the conductivity of the entire audio system.

As with any of Rick’s products, break-in is required; yet he has somehow reduced the necessary time by over 50%. Sure, the cable slightly improves over the 500 hour mark but the break-in process is enjoyable. One can literally smile upon opening the box.

On my experience, Rick has taken the best of Genesis, Judge and Ultra Clear as a foundation, while significantly augmenting the ability to deliver detailed impact on the audio system.

Bass is tightly focused and one definitely senses “pressure” generated by the recording. Midrange is sharp yet never overpowering fine details found in delicate percussion, strings or wind instruments; furthermore, depending on the recording, one can easily ascertain breath and microphone position.

As I reflect on my past audio experiences, I realize Rick has indeed ushered in a new frontier. Experience a master’s work in your system – it will change your definition of audio.

The journey never ends.
tddupuy
My audio definition has been changed quite permanently.

Installing the first pair between my Dac & Preamp I knew right away my system was way more musical.

Putting a second pair between my Preamp & Amps & a CT-1 as a Digital Interface from my Transport to Dac took the sound to a stark reality.

"CT-1 installs effortlessly and its sleek appearance is aesthetically appealing to all. Upon powering up the system one immediately “feels” the cable’s presence while experiencing a system transformation. It is literally altering the conductivity of the entire audio system."

Troy, you said it well!

I mentioned a similar comment in my review on the High Fidelity website, a continuity, literal transformation of the components as one.

These cables are VERY special, hearing is believing.

Enjoy the music!
I have owned the CT-1s for the last 8 weeks. I am running a pair from my Lampizator Level 4 DAC to my ASR Emitter I and a digital cable between Lampzator Transport and Lampizator Level 4 DAC. I had previously owned Virtual Dynamic cables and I could always count on the new versions being improved over older versions. The new CT-1s are astounding! Open, detailed, and a dynamic sound stage that captures the harmonic structures in totality. You forget you are listening to your system and just fall into the music. Another great achievement by the master! I can’t wait to hear the speaker and power cables versions.
04-June-2012

One may rightfully conclude from reading my earlier post that I was fixated with break-in: specifically, what was the proverbial crossover point when I would not hear “ups and downs” inherent with new cables. I confess, I was guilty of this behavior. After all, I had always experienced this with new cables ...until now.

I believe Rick has profoundly changed customary “break-in” into an evolutionary process of maturation. Skeptical? I don’t blame anyone for questioning my rationale; however, session after session has led me to this conclusion.

Percussion is becoming more crisp, bass is tighter with greater impact, strings have greater resonance, etc., etc.. This “maturation” is new to me and I truly believed I was secure in writing an opinion after 1100 hours, yet the cable is still improving.

I was ecstatic following my “perceived” benchmark believing the cable was broken in but I am now mesmerized at how this single cable is altering my system and further feeling of music.

My system has never sounded better and I can’t fathom if this process will continue but I can say with certitude, CT-1 has altered the landscape and merits an evaluation by everyone who is passionate about music.
Hello everyone!

I am new here and would like to know if these CT-1 Interconnect cables are available for a trial period.

I would like to A/B them to some Crescendo Interconnect cables that I am presently evaluating that a friend loaned me.

I have auditioned quite a few Interconnects in the past, and am always looking for that better then what I have already cable-LOL

I am curious as to how these cables are constructed that are supposed to set them apart from other interconnect cables.

Thanks,

GammaG