Review: Genesis Technologies G-201 Speaker

Category: Speakers

the Genesis 201 speakers are the best I ever heard before. This large speaker system literally disappear as sources. They throw the widest stage I ever heard images totally outside the speakers. The wall behind the speakers and side walls disappear with these speakers like no others I have heard before. The speakers are very quick on transients and never sound stressed even when playing extremely demanding pieces with very complex arrangements all the different parts remaining distinctly separate from each other. The bass is absolutely unbelievable when the recording asks for it to be. The air in my 20x23 room actually shuddered along with the entire structure of the room like their was earthquake happening. Very defined and quick also. I thought I owned excellent subwoofers before but these are in a different league.the top end extension is excellent also not lacking any air while never sounding etched or calling attention to itself.

Associated gear
Wolcott 220m presence amplifiers
XLO signature 2 Interconnects
Audio Aero Capitol Mark 2
Nordost SPM speaker wires
XLO TYPE 10A power cords

Similar products
Dunlavy V previous reference speakers
numerous other speakers
mejames

Showing 1 response by rives

Arnie is back from what I understand, so you shouldn't have a problem there--at least I hope not. Stemart: I'm curious about the ribbon upgrade. I know it's a pretty pricey upgrade, and I know what Arnie says about it, but I'm curious what you thought about it. How did it change the sound and do you feel it was a worthwhile and cost effective upgrade?