Review: B&W 802 Speaker

Category: Speakers

These speakers offer a rich and warm sound. The play music extremely well. However, they offer the best theatre experience I have heard outside of a movie theatre for the price. They require a great deal of energy. I originally installed a Pass Labs x 150w (per channel in 8ohms) for the pair, but found that they needed more drive. When I installed the Pass Labs X250 (250w oer channel in 8ohms), the speakers took on a new life.

STRENGTHS: Great clean sound at all listening levels. These are truly the best speakers that I have owned and would recommend them to anyone who is a true home theatre and sound enthusiast.

WEAKNESS: Require alot of energy to realize their true potential.

Associated gear
Lexicon MC-1, Pass Labs X250 Amp

Similar products
Avalon, Infiniti, Klipsch,
lebmiami2

Showing 1 response by bigkidz

You are correct. The Matrix series B&Ws require lots of juice to make them come to life, Now go try some speaker cables and speaker stands to improve them even more. Go to Lowes or Home Depot and buy 6awg multi strand wire (30 cents a foot). Run one in one direction and the negatvie in the other direction. Buy some gold spades at a car audio store to fit the large wire. Let them break in for three weeks then take them out of your system. The after a week put them back in. Tell us what you hear.

Peter