Review: ayre cx-7e mp CD Player

Category: Digital

I bought this ayre CD player from a ayre dealer.( THIS REALLY DID HAPPEN, I AM NOT LYING HERE. THIS AYRE CX-7MP CD PLAYER WOULD NOT READ CERTAIN TRACKS ON CERTAIN CD'S AND WHEN IT WAS HAVING THE HARD TIME READING THOSE TRACKS THE PLAYER PUT OUT VERY LOUD DISTORTION NOISES THROUGH MY SPEAKERS.
When I first got it home it would not work at all. No lights came on and no buttons worked. It was sent back for another one. The second one just did not like playing certain CD's and caused very loud distortion noises in my speakers. The player's sound is just turned up louder than most other player's so one doesn't have to turn your volume up so high this in effect causes people to think it sounds better when it really doesn't. I then put the player up for sale. I would recommend consumers look else where at other brands and save yourself a lot of money.
I did work with my dealer and the dealer spoke to me like he was trained by ayre to say that ayre can do no wrong. I also tried very hard to reason with ayre and could not get to first base with them. The just could not understand that their CD player could not track certain songs on certain CD's so they put the blame on the disc's and said the disc's were defective, yet the same disc's played perfectly on my Denon DCD-3000 CD Player. Ayre could not fix the player and returned it to me and every time I asked ayre why can my Denon CD player play the tracks but your CX-7mp can't, ayre kept changing the subject. I wasn't about the have this defective piece of junk ruin a $8000.00 pair of speakers which is why I sold the ayre, ayre products are fancy boxes with a lot of room inside, very few parts, and the parts are very cheap. IMO, look else where and get your self a quality product. By the way, I took my money from selling the ayre and bought a used Audio Research CD5 CD Player from a man who decided to retire and didn't have the space anymore for equipment. He really hated to let go of his ARC CD5 and since I have it, it has worked flawlessly..
exron

Showing 2 responses by harri009

The Ayre does not handle nor like scratches on the disks its trying to play. I have had previous players that never had a problem with the same disks the Ayre yells about. It sounds like you were playing disks with a little to much damage on them for the Ayre's liking. I keep my disks in good shape so I have no problem with this any longer but did have to stop buying used disks.