Review: Aragon 8008 BB Amplifier

Category: Amplifiers

I bought this used from a fellow audiogoner after he assured me I would be floored by the difference in quality I would soon experience. Let me just say that he was right, my movie watching (sadly) has gone way down. I just can't stop listening to music on my "new" system. I have never heard my speakers until now. The Aragons dual mono design and my Pre is dual mono as well, has given me outstanding imaging despite the limitations of my small listening area. Bass is now there! deep and powerful, no more listening fatigue or digititis! Blues, hard rock, classical, all sound great. I have been inspired to buy many remastered editions of my favorite albums because the better the recording, the more this baby shines. I thank the stars I bought this and now I'm looking at a BPT ac product to get my system the high quality current it now deserves.

Associated gear
Musical Fidelity Pre amp
Cal Audio Labs Alpha-Delta
Mirage M5si Bi Polar speakers

Similar products
None in this league, though I did upgrade from Adcom separates
zar

Showing 2 responses by uppermidfi

Zar, you paid $150.00 to have the fuse replaced? You could do it yourself for less than $3.00. The fuse is right under the lid. Make sure you are being EXTREMELY careful, but there really is little danger of hurting yourself. Remove the lid, replace the fuse, run like mad! If it doesn't explode you'll be fine till the next time you touch a couple of wires. : )

Nice catch, that's a good amp. You'll have to spend a lot more money to get something better, but it'll give you a taste of what is available, but at a reasonable price. I had one for several years, and I bought mine from a magazine reviewer several years after he wrote the review.

I'm not sure what you're asking with the power question, but ideally you should have a seperate circuit for the amp and another from the rest of the system.
I see what yer saying. I blew a fuse, but it wasn't nearly as complicated as what you did.