Review: 128 Raysonic CD Player

Category: Digital

Hello This not the CD of the Month.This not another cheap Chinese CD player . Strenths first, every feature on this unit "" Works"" .Something I cannot say about my Previous exspenive Wadia, Cary, and Audio Aero machines did. Unit has four 6922 tubes so tube rollers knock yourself out. The stock Amprex tubes sound fine to Me . I can"t see how this unit can sound even better. Weighs in at 33 pounds and is beautiful in Black also. Not to mention the Las Vegas light show too .And this is the only Chinese built unit that I was able too use my balanced cables without any sonic degration of the sound .It fills up the room with detail and warm sound,No mechanical sound at all and is sensitive to cable and power cord changes also , So use decent cabling with this unit it will pay off ,My money Stealth cables makes the best out there.Its top loading so you need a little room . You can sit for hours listening to this unit , I even sold my Esoteric 60 unit and pocket the cash difference .For the money as of rite now best unit for the money ,One dealer claimed it compares to his $5000 units and this a dealer comment. And you the dealer is going to make a lot more profit on a $5000 unit then a $1850 unit.This unit is as close as it get to my record player I have heard so far , I bought this unit not even hearing it but just looking at the pictures of the build quality and price ,Very smooth and quiet backround sound to this unit . There is a couple on line for sale now . You can"t go wrong .Good Luck

Associated gear
Manley 250"s, BAT 32SE, Focal speakers,Stealth, and Synergistic cables ,

Similar products
Cary, Wadia, Audio Aero
128x128passet02

Showing 1 response by augwest

Setting the record straight - in addition to the stock tubes not being Amprex the unit weighs 24 pounds, not 33 pounds. I haven't heard it but am considering an Underwood HiFi modded unit. Anyone out there have one of those? I'm trying to choose between a new modded Raysonic 128 or a used Audio Aero Capitole SE.