Revel Studio 1, B&W 802N or Sonus Faber Cremonas

Where to start with this question. I am pretty much starting over with my system and I would like to get some opinions. I currently do not own anything but I have owned alot over the last 10 years. I have owned speakers from Revel, B&W and Sonus Faber (to name a few) but not the above mentioned. I enjoy a musical sound with excellent imaging and transparency. I am thinking about going with a Primare stack (Pre30, A32 amp and CD31) or a Parasound stack (JC2 pre, A21 amp) and the Ayre CX-7e cd player. Or the Mcintosh MA7000 integrated with the Ayre Cx-7e cd player. Cables are unknown at this time. I would just like to get opinions on which speakers with which electronics. I would be happy with any of the speakers but I am unsure on the electronics. Your comments are very much appreciated!!
Ag insider logo xs@2xbrandonosman23

Showing 3 responses by paimei

I have heard Watt Puppy on Mac and Krell. Did not like. Music sounded like it was stuck inside the speaker.(dont bite me, my opinion. Hated the Grand Slam too.) Heard Revel Salon2s on Simaudio and Bryston and liked them very very much. B&W 802 sounds great on Mac or Classe. Put them on more analytical electronics and they will run you out of the room. Harsh. Sonus are great. They are lively. My biggest hesitation with Revel is the Harmon aspect. I did not know they are built in China now. I still vote Revel Salon2 as they are so smooth.
Regardless of USA Mexico or China, They are extremely high quality. Even at their asking price I feel they surpass many speakers that cost a lot more. Definitely better IMHO than Wilson. Any Wilson.