REVEL performa3 f208 or TEKTON Moab

I have about 5 grand to spend on loudspeakers.  Of these 2, Tekton Moab and Revel performa3 f208, which one would you goners buy? Or any recommendations? I have an old Krell FPB 400CX, Ayre K5xe mp, Wadia 321 Dac, VPI Classic turntable. 
jeffvegas
jeffvegas,

"Wilsons are fine loudspeakers and gupson probably couldn't afford to keep them so he trashes them."

I believe that you confused me with someone else as I doubt I have commented on Wilsons. I am not aware of their pricing, but you are a bit off the target.

"Thecarpathian is upset radio shack is no longer in business because that's where he bought his gear."

I cannot speak for thecarpathian, but add me to the list of those painfully missing Radio Shack. There was one almost next to the world-famous candy store. I preferred Radio Shack.
As good fortune would have it, jeffy is mistaken. There are literally scores of Radio Shacks open in the US. That reminds me, I'm looking to upgrade my headphones and they have one set on sale for $19.99!
I wonder if they do layaway....

Wow Jeff you are a real mcasshole bud!!! Lmfao lmfao lmfao. Merry Christmas. 
mofojo I think speaks for us all.

Meanwhile, on a more edifying note, 
listening99, on his Moabs:
Sonically, I can sit in amazement over good recordings, just constantly drawn into the subtlety, surprised by the percussive realism, intrigued by the soundstage nuance. The Moabs reveal layers. I love the layering of sound. I've recently been listening to Jack Johnson's "Sleep through the Static" and I can't get enough of the sensitivity that Johnson has crafted, which the Moabs communicate, effortlessly.

...there is no real reason to look for something better. That "hunting" instinct is alive, in me, but I've nowhere to go (sonically), unless I want to shell out MUCH more, and I know that while there may be new possibilities and discoveries that my happiness is more about actually listening, actually sitting down, actually discovering more about the ocean of sound. The Moabs are not holding back... ...and I'm relishing the results of my risk taking...

Well said. Incredibly satisfying speakers. Couldn't be happier. 

Moab's are on order!!!! They went up in price but Tammy gave me the old pricing!!! Thank you goners for your advice and input and as always some fun banter!!! 
Clearthinker, I own impact monitor tekton, and ps 12, I love the way they look.My visitors likes them too. I ve been too many Axpona shows, I don’t remember being musically involved on any revel speakers,True they are well engineered. Jeffvegas read Teajay reviews on Moab or email Him , he is very familiar with Tekton speakers.I you want nice driver just tell Erik, you want beauty add 1 k for piano finish.I have not thought of buying  plastic liners to cover them ever, they sound amazing. For sure they won’t join Miss universe contest😀Jeff at the end it’s your choice. Good Luck.
Thank you goners for your advice and input and as always some fun banter!!!

I believe you compared to most folks have a very different opinion on what constitutes as fun.
jeffvegas,

"Enjoy your schiit audio gear glupson. lmfao!"

Will you ever get one thing right?

By the way, what does lmfao mean?

While you are at vocabulary, Moabs, not Moab's.
At least you can take them Bobs body and fender if you scratch them Moabs....
I can even be buried in them when I die skypunk.  Now enjoy streaming to your TV and saying how great the imaging is. 
JV--judging by all your comments in this thread, those Tektons will suit you perfectly.
Those who own whatever protect their "self" by inflating their components abilities and/or themselves
You are feeding the troll ...

Stumbled across a pair of these beasts at a used stereo store. I can get them for 3 grand. The loudspeakers are probably 30 years old. Would you goners grab these for 3 grand or get something new for 3 grand. What new would you recommend for 3 grand?
jeffvegas

WOULD IT BE DUMB TO BUY A MARK LEVINSON NO 23.5

This amp is probably 30 years old. There is one I can grab for 2500 bucks. Good buy? Too old? What do you goners think?

Can you put a Krell in an apartment?

As you see I am a total "goner" living in a cheap apartment with about 50 grand in Audiophile equipment. I am looking at purchasing an old krell "FPB 400 CX" amp that the manufacturer says needs a dedicated 20 amp line. Can you still run this amp off a regular electrical outlet? If you can, will it sound like crap? jeffvegas

Rega planar 3 or Project X2? Which is the better turntable?

looking at the Rega planar 3 and Project X2. Which do you goners think is a better turntable?
jeffvegas06-17-2020 9:50pm Report this

Creek CD50

What do you "goners" think about this product. I am an audiophile on a strict budget. This unit apparently plays CD's, is a preamp, has a DAC so you can stream as well. Any experiences with this product? Came across one used for 700 bucks. Should I make a move on it? jeffvegas

I purchased revel 208s about  3 years ago and then sold my  jbl 300s...i should have kept 300s because  i would  be enjoying both  today....
twoleftears, enjoy your B&W 801's from the 1980's thinking they are still relevant.  Lmao!!!
@stringreen  YES! I appreciate authentic insight of that kind. And I have to admit, my stereo predilections and obsessions signify something of the confusion you descry. 
Pretty certain at this point no one cares what you did or did not order.

There you go, now you can one dimensionally tell me to enjoy my inferior (insert brand here) audio equipment that I obtained at (insert big box store here), then lyfao! three or four times.
Jay’s Audio Lab on YouTube (whitecamaroos here) is setting up the Tekton Ulfberht with upgraded tweeters ready to challenge his $110k Wilson Alexx. That I’m super interested in, not this silly in-fighting back and forth.
Why stop at 15?  Think of them as a pair, then you can brag about 30.  Hooked up to your Topping they will make sweet, sweet music.
Aaaaaand I believe we’re done here.
jeffy, if you wish to play on a grownup’s forum, get out from inside your sofa cushion fort, put your mommy’s laptop back, and wait until you’re at least old enough to sit in the front seat in the car....

There, now you may commence to figuratively push me off the swing at recess.

Sorry folks nothing aggressive here with Tekton Electron SE run by Krell 50S ... a 50 watt Class A gem. I can Imagine Millercarbons Moab to be stellar. The Tekton isnt a in your face loudspeaker in the Klipsch horn vein. 

If I were younger alas would jump at the Larger Tekton designs, Eric is to me my new Brian Cheney, the designer of VMPS punching way above their weight class. Brian upset the apple cart for years offering product much as Eric has done of late. 

PS: Eric has rolled his raised prices back for a short while says their website, so if on the fence might be a good time to leap!!
I have Wilson and Magico in a collaborative effort doing the enclosures for the Moab. 

" I have Wilson and Magico in a collaborative effort doing the enclosures for the Moab. "
OMG!!  You'd get expelled from clown school.