REVEL performa3 f208 or TEKTON Moab

I have about 5 grand to spend on loudspeakers.  Of these 2, Tekton Moab and Revel performa3 f208, which one would you goners buy? Or any recommendations? I have an old Krell FPB 400CX, Ayre K5xe mp, Wadia 321 Dac, VPI Classic turntable. 
jeffvegas

Showing 1 response by hshifi

Hello,
Tektons do sound really nice. Like Maggie’s with bass. With 98db you can drive those with a headphone amp. One problem with your setup. You have a Ferrari engine-the krell. Very powerful. If you put that on the Tekton you will barely touch the volume. With SS amps you need to use that power to get the sound off the ground. If you are going to tube amps or maybe a 60wpc SS amp I say go with the Tekton. If not, go with the Revels. The curved cabinet design helps with the standing waves in the cabinet. Also some dealers have an upgrade deal. Maybe you work up to the Salon 2s. Also the tweeters used in Revel will go nice with the Krell amp. If you are near the Chicagoland area and want to do a demo at home or store demo try: https://holmaudio.com/revel-ultima2-salon2/. If not the crutchfield test approach is a good idea.