REVEL performa3 f208 or TEKTON Moab

I have about 5 grand to spend on loudspeakers.  Of these 2, Tekton Moab and Revel performa3 f208, which one would you goners buy? Or any recommendations? I have an old Krell FPB 400CX, Ayre K5xe mp, Wadia 321 Dac, VPI Classic turntable. 
jeffvegas

Showing 2 responses by guy-incognito

I was in a similar boat, looking between various Tekton models and the Revel F208. I have never heard Tekton speakers and have nothing against them. Ultimately though, I went with the Revels in the end. Tekton has so many speaker designs and seems to be constantly releasing something new. Revel has more resources being under the Harman umbrella and seems to put much more R&D in before releasing a finished product. The styling and quality of finish on the Revels was also much more to my liking. After being able to listen to the Revels at a local stereo shop my mind was made up and I happily forgot about the Tektons.
@dougthebiker... how do you like the Aegirs? I was initially interested but from reading reviews and 3rd party measurements they sh!t the bed on anything below an 8 ohm load. Measurements obviously aren't everything but I didn't pursue it any further. I continue to wonder though. Seems like they need a high efficiency speaker to shine.