Revel Performa Series Can be driven by a Receiver?

I've heard conflicting advice about Revel Performa Series Speakers.
Is it "practical" to drive this class of speaker with a receiver?
In all the specs I can find on this series - only a nominal impedance of 6 ohms is listed.
I can not find a nominal power/watt rating?
My receiver is a Pioneer VSX-49TX. It's rated at 160 watts continuous at 6 ohms.
(Note: the receiver weighs ~63 lbs...so it's not amazingly heavy but not exactly a light weight either)...Questions:
1) Am I dreaming to have this type of Speaker/Receiver match up?
2) If it is practical - can I drive the F30's or am I best to stay with the M20 bookshelf?
Either way - I will still us the B15 sub, C30 Center, and S30 rears...
Any responses (and or help hints for proper setup)would be greatly appreciated?
Tuned In & Turned On...
ceme

Showing 1 response by jharri1972695b

Celtic66, most who know would agree that the Pioneer VSX-49TX is a better receiver than just about any on the market these days. Just take a look at it's review in Stereophile's Guide to Home Theater for confirmation of this. Comparing it unfavorably to any Yamaha, even the RX-Z1 is ludacrous. That aside, the Pioneer is capable of using it's rear surround channels to bi-amp speakers. You wouldn't get the 7.1 channel surround with this setup, but I believe it would be sufficient to power the Revel F30's, even with their 89 DB sens. I haven't confirmed this, but do bi-amp my Klipsch Legend KLF-30's with fantastic results (yes I know they have a much higher sensitivity).

Ceme, yes, of course a seperate amp will sound better, but I would imagine you'd get good results if your system allows you to bi-amp channels.