Revel M20 vs.B W 805 vs.Dynaudio 1.3SE

Has anyone compared these speakers? I'm looking to buy small, high-quality loudspeakers to use with subs in a HT and music system. I've heard the M20s and thought they were a bit forward, and I'm not sure the B&Ws play loud enough or are capable of large scale dynamics, even with subs. Haven't heard the Dynaudio Contour 1.3 SEs. Any opinions?
steel

Showing 1 response by steel

Thanks to everyone who responded--you've given me food for thought. Subaruguru, I've given the Revel F30 some consideration. The Revel dealer near me in Chicago only has the M20 on display right now, so I haven't auditioned the F30. However, I'm moving into a small space and am concerned about positioning a large floorstander--not to mention that such a speaker tends to dominate visually in a small room.(The girlfriend unfortunately has some input here.)

I've got Linn 5140s right now, which I think are a good value for full-range speakers, but I need to downsize a bit. Also, I'd like speakers that are a little faster and more articulate, which leads me to mini-monitors. They just seem to have more detail and their sound tends to float, whereas as the sound of a large floorstander seems anchored to the floor. However, it's really hard for me to give up the bass. Very hard. I heard the B&W 805s with the admittedly small B&W 2500 sub, and I was a bit underwhelmed, although I was impressed with the impact of bass transients for such a small set-up.