Revel F35 vs Klipsch Heresy II or maybe III

First time post so please be kind.

I’m considering a brand new pair of Revel F35s for $1,000 (retail $1600). I’ve heard them and I think they will work better in my 18X22  Vaulted main listening room...(likely with a sub)...than my current Def Tech BP8040s (ebay $800) that are just to airy in that room. No punch at all. Nice at low levels but nothing even near loud. I have a very average Yamaha RXV1000 receiver now that I will upgrade to amps / inters of Mac or Parasound or possibly Emotiva. Stereo only..no mulit channel.  Have only heard the Mac so not sure. I stream Spotify thru a Bluesound Node 2 about 98% of the time right now. Listen to everything from Steely Dan to David Gilmore to Miles Davis to Postmalone. I want Klipsch Forte IIIs but can only afford the F35s or maybe Klipsch Heresy IIs or IIIs. I love vintage Klipsch sound...but also the direct sound of Energy, Boston Acoustics and now Revel.

Any thoughts on what my best next step might be?

Thanks....
128x128purplejester
Hey thanks to you all for your great responses.  Very helpful.  Glad I asked!

I've decided to save up and get the Forte III.  No rush to buy anything right now anyway.

I will upgrade the amp to tubes later on too.  Probably McIntosh.

Thanks again....
You might want to consider a pair of Zu Audio Omen Dirty Weekends.  On sale now for $999 (in Rustic Hickory).  May be the best price/performance proposition in audio.  These come with a 60 day in-house trial period.  If you don't like them, send them back - Zu pays for the return shipping.  Nothing to lose!
UPDATE on my journey....

I bought the Forte IIIs and love them...even with my basic Yamaha RXV1000 receiver they sound awesome and are huge upgrades to the DefTechs.  Wifey finally accepted the size of the Fortes is worth the sound quality.

Now waiting to receive the McIntosh MC2105 amp I bought this week here on Audiogon.  Can't wait to hear what the Mac / Forte combo sounds like!

Now starting to think about preamp.  I want to stick to McIntosh.  So far I think I want a tuner / preamp combo.  

Any suggestions?  Only caveat is I need an output for a second zone as this is my whole house system and I have two Niles amps driving all my ceiling and outdoor speakers.  I think this is not a problem with the vintage Mac stuff but let me know if I'm wrong.  Would it be better to buy a more modern preamp that has zone 2?  $1,000 is the target budget.

Help me out!
MX-110 Z with cathode follower will drive two sets of lines with some caution.....great tuner and line section, phono leave a lot to be desired.....
the newer Forte are much improved - enjoy them !!!! as you move along the Mac spectrum, especially w high efficiency horns, I would strongly consider the MC225-275 amps......especially the 240
I have owned them all....running Cornwalls.