Revel F208s vs Cremona M vs B&W 803/804 D

5.1 setup
Marantz AV 7005 preamp
Parasound A51 amp (5x250)
Room: 15' x 30', hardwood floors with rug

I am debating between the F208s versus others. Revel dealers in my area claim that the F208s are a superb value for the money, $5,000. My favorite speaker out of these is the BMW 803 diamond - but it may be a bit much for my space and costs $10k. The 804 diamond may be good enough, but it still goes for around $7.5k. The Cremona Ms are hard to find in Graphite and would run $6k used. It's hard to find the B&Ws used on audiogon as they are tie till relatively new.

What do you guys think? The F208s are a great value, but have dull looks and I can't get over the fact that they are assembled in Indonesia.

Any input or advice would be helpful.

Thanks guys.
aman4kr4

Showing 1 response by dtc

Most of the SF speakers from overseas come from Eastern Europe, mostly Poland. I would not trust those. They have low ball prices, but are very risky. If you order from a reputable sealer overseas, realize that the shipping will be costly and you will probably need to pay duty to bring them in. Plus, Sumiko, the NA distributor for SF will not typically provide service for speakers purchased from overseas. If you find a reputable seller, call Sumiko for specifics if eventual repairs are an issue. Personally, I would not recommend SF speakers from overseas. I would wait for a US seller.