Revel f208, dead center image but everything jumbled up?

I recently got revel f208 from my dealer as an open box. A rep from Harman said that they don’t need any break in period. 
I am using peachtree nova500 for the electronics with oasis 5.2 speaker wire and mostly listen to Tidal through the inbuilt DAC. 
The image is pretty dead center which is great and I like the vocals, it’s lifelike. The bass is pretty good as well as the HF. However, since the image is dead center, I am not feeling the sound stage. It feels like drummer, vocalist, bassists are all jumbled up or in the same straight line. It doesn’t even feel like the sound is coming from the speakers, because everything is in the dead center. Is that normal? I used to have B&W cm9 before this and that image was not dead center however I could feel the sound coming from both the speakers. But for F208, It doesn’t even feel like the sound is coming from the speakers, everything is just kinda jumbled up in the center. I Just love everything else about the speaker except the image or sound stage? 
morningrebel

Showing 1 response by mitchagain

I am skeptical about the Harman rep's comment about the speakers not needing a break in.period.

When you auditioned the speakers, was the dealer using superior electronics, cabling, power conditioning, etc? It's not unusual for one upgrade to lead you to further upgrades.

What you describe as "jumbled up," someone else might describe as "well integrated." I seem to recall at least one professional reviewer use that terminology for that speaker. Perhaps what you might prefer is an open baffle speaker (electrostatic, etc), something with a more "open or airy" sound.

I hope things work out for you.