Restoring a Transrotor Skeleton...help

Just pulled this baby out of storage where it's been for several years. So long I think that sitting has caused it more harm than if it had been used. One of the glass panes on the outer cover sides has been broken and needs to be replaced. The tone arm looks like it needs a re-wire, the wires are cracked and just look plain old. The motor seems dead, but it could just be the power cord. This table is so beautiful that I want to see it working again so I've decided now is the time to begin this project. If anyone out there is familiar with these legendary tables and where to get parts or find other enthusiasts, I would be greatly appreciative for any info you could throw my way.
loanofficer

Showing 2 responses by 213cobra

I sold Transcriptor TTs when they were originally imported. Send me a message via Agon or post here with your questions.

Phil
Actually, Lewm, The Transcriptors Skeleton was a specific model, released with that name by the founder, David Gammon. I sold a few dozen in the 1970s and owned two myself. The original collateral published for sales support also included the Skeleton name.

The Hydraulic Reference did predate the Skeleton, and included the iconic Transcriptors platter seen later in the Skeleton with either gold or chrome peripheral weights/disc supports. The now-rare Transcriber packaged a linear-tracking variation (the turntable moved under a fixed tonearm) into the Skeleton's glass & aluminum aesthetic. And then there was the Round....

Phil