RESOLUTION AUDIO CD50 + WADIA 860x

AFTER 4 weeks of doing A/B test on these two fine players,I have decided to kept the CD50,THE wadia has in incredible resolution and musicality from the mids on down,I found the upper mids and treble a bit cold and not very extended.THE RESOLUTION AUDIO CD50 has alot of warmth in the mids and very extended highs.I peformed the A/B test with and without a preamplifier,to my amazement and personal opinion both cd players sounded better with a preamp.MY best regards to both WADIA and RESOLUTION AUDIO,kept up the good work guys.ANY COMMENTS FROM END USERS ON THESE UNITS.COMPONENTS USED FOR COMPARISONS: SPEAKERS:montana eps.PREAMP:conrad johnson premier 16LS. AMPS:conrad johnson premier 5 mono blocs.CABLES:ANALYSIS PLUS + POWER snakes king cobras.THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST.
fonsy66

Showing 2 responses by himiguel

I own the 860x and hate the player without a preamp. The BAT VK30SE in my system gives me the magic. Rest of system consists of Jeff Rowland Model 2, B&W N804, Transparent Super XLR, Spk wires, 3 Richard G, HT AC-11 power cords+ Power Snakes Cobra on the 860x.
I own the 860x and hate the player without a preamp. The BAT VK30SE in my system gives me the magic. Rest of system consists of Jeff Rowland Model 2, B&W N804, Transparent Super XLR, Spk wires, 3 Richard G, HT AC-11 power cords+ Power Snakes Cobra on the 860x.