Resistors

How often should these be replaced in Wilson Sophia 1s?  Purchased these in March ‘19 and did not inquire into whether they had ever been swapped out.  Is there a great benefit to this?

nicholsr
Post removed 

Indeed he is mistaken; they are being used a fuses. Google is your friend.

Ok I will use Google. Just one question, will the resistors fail or go up in value before the driver VC is damaged?

ARC, Audio Research Corporation - Aren’t we talking about speakers here?

Follow up - Okay I used google; I did fine that some speaker manufactures, do use resistors as fuses. In my opinion, the only reasons I can think of that they would do this is to reduce the cost of in warranty repairs, generate new business through upgrades and increase the revenue of out of warranty repairs. Added fuses or resistance will degrade the sound over time due to increased resistance and inductance, plain and simple. If the change is not drastic as in the example of a high power surge you may not even notice the degradation. One day you will wake up and say wow my system doesn’t sound as good, time for an upgrade. I for one don’t use resistors and certainly no fuses between the output of my amplifiers and the driver voice coils, active / multi-amped. If I did use passive crossovers they would use high power and high quality resistors to match the driver levels only. Ones that do not increase in resistance and inductance over the operating life. Happy listening for ever.