Request setup tips from VMPS RM-40 owners.

I just ordered a pair of RM-40s with FST tweeter upgrade from John Casler in Los Angeles. (Nice Guy) Any initial setup tips would be appreciated. I will be using these in a 27' by 19' room with vaulted ceiling. Due to WAF they MUST be placed on the short wall about 11' apart, and my listening point is about 17' away.
These replace my PSB Stratus Golds, and I plan to retain my Kimber 8tc biwire cables, and existing components. Bryston 4bst, Rogue 66 Magnum preamp, Msb dac with p1000 PS, etc.
Would appreciate anyones comments.

Thanks,
Alan
alana106

Showing 3 responses by alana106

Aram,

I appreciate your response. I did find a lot of info and started a thread there as well.

Thanks,
Alan
Dennisj;

This is about the first negative comment I remenber seeing on the RM40S. Could you elaborate on what problems you had, or what you didn't like about them to prompt you to sell.

Thanks,
Alan
Dennisj,

I appreciate your candor, and would not begin to condem your comments. I am still hoping to really enjoy these, but in all honesty, cannot remember hearing all positive comments on any other product. Looking back through old threads, it seems I read that you at one time had the PSB Golds. I am upgrading from them, and would really like to hear your comments on how they compare, and what you think I could hope to expect, using my fore mentioned components?

Thanks again,
Alan