Replacing my Krell FPB 600 amp with a tube amp

Im thinking of replacing my Krell FPB 600 amp with  tube amp . I really love the power and bass slam of the Krell FPB 600.Could i possibly find that with a tube amp? I was thinking of the ARC Ref 250 mono blocks. I am also using an ARC Ref 6 preamp. The only thing i can think of with this much power and bass slam would be the ARC Ref 750se. Any other suggestions and how would the ARC Ref 250s as compared to the Krell FPB 600. 
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman
Ozzy has some great comments that he has made about his new Carver mono's. He also started a thread here on Audiogon...
rcprince ...... I was also thinking the same thing that a tube amp wolnt control my speakers as well as the Krell. Unless i buy the ARC Ref 750se.    lak.....Thank you but im really not interested in Carver....
I replaced my FPB600 with a CAT JL2.  Noticed no lack of bass control.  I’m fact the CAT gear is powerful and transparent across the full frequency range plus many other positive qualities.  You can ready my review on it.
aoliviero..... I just read your review and i really did like what i read about it. Especially compared to the Krell FPB 600. Wonder how it compared to the ARC Ref 750se. 
I went up the Krell line of amplifiers in the 1990s, and ended with a FPB 600, which deserves high praise, but has certain - let me say - conditions. In my system, it sounded much better when it 1) got a dedicated power line, 2) a solid slab of stone below, 3) a good tube preamp rather than a mid-line Krell or other solid state (the manual warns of possible problems with a tube preamp, a jumper can be used, but I noticed much better sound without it, and never had problems), 4) using balanced inputs, and 5) matching speakers. The ones I had (Dynaudio Consequence) were a bit too much even for the 600. So the sound went from good to marvellous only on a quite high volume level (the amp shifting into class A operation). Even this power beast could not really unsettle the rather Germanic Dynaudios and make them sing and dance. Experimenting a little with speakers, I marvelled at how good the amp could sound driving an easier load. Since it was not possible to add another 600 amp to my setup, I ended selling both the amp and the Dynaudios, and bought Atma-sphere MA-1s instead.

I could say "I have never looked back", which is mostly true, but having lived with the Krell for ten years I have a lot of respect for it, it is a classic in some ways, and I have often wondered if there was even more potential to it than I managed to exploit in my setup. It is a bit of a paradox, the FPB 600 was sort of a "solve-all" when it came, it should not matter what speakers you gave it, it ate them all, and so on - but my experience was different, this amp is so good that everything you do - in terms of speaker matching, and the points mentioned above - is well worth it. Just before I sold it I had the Krell drive my small Aurum Cantus 3 speakers to great heights.