Replacing from Hurricane Sandy

So I'm to the point where I am replacing my gear from the hurricane. I've been a Rotel,B&W user for the last 15 or so years. I had the RSP-1570 with an older RMB-985 amp. I was using a Pioneer Elite 1st gen bluray player. My speakers which survived are pair of CDM2 w a CC6 center. I had a asw600 sub. I just bought the Samsung 6500series 65" 3d HDTV.

So, I'm open to suggestions on replacements and recommendations.

Thanks

Keith
bikekop454

Showing 4 responses by bikekop454

My needs are

Processor
Amp
Bluray
Sub

I'm looking @ the new rotel rsp-1572 for the processor and rmb-1565 amp since I've been a fan. Also the asw610 since the rotel/b&w matching.

My center is the b&w cc6 & fronts are b&w cdm2, surrounds are Niles iC7FX.

I research some of your suggestions. I figure my total budget for the 4 pieces would top out about $4-5k
The emotiva stuff looks interesting. When you've been a loyalist for 15-20yrs its so hard to overcome a bias. I guess I need to be open minded. I'm going to call them tomorrow to chat. My speakers are all small but I have that aversion to an amp less than 100w per channel. They go 80x5. 200x5 seems like overkill, but then again I may upgrade the speakers one day.

The Oppo will end up being the bluray.
As far as sub. I'm 16x20' room. Im firing from the back left corner going down the 20. Room has a fairly large sectional w a 10x12 area rug wood floor.
Ordered the Oppo and bought a b&w asw610 from a member. I had good experiences w my 600 in the room so I stuck w it. I'm leaning towards the Emotiva, but the back order may put me into almost April.