Replacing capacitors in Dalquist DQ-10 Speakers

I am considering having the five capacitors replaced in each of my Dalquist DQ-10 speakers which I have owned since 1976. I did previously have the woofers re-coned many years ago.
It is hard to determine whether the age has had a significant reduction in frequency response as they still sound excellent although I would like to make sure they are working at the level of the manufacturers specifications. I have been told that replacing the caps may change the overall balance and quality of the sound that Dalquist had achieved but I would like to make sure I am getting the best sound that the speakers were designed to produce.
Can anyone advise me as to whether I should have the caps changed simply as a result of the age of the speakers and if so what brand of capacitors would be best?
Thanks,
Andy 
andyhifiman

Showing 1 response by oxygen2001

Good afternoon, did anyone hear how Duelund RS Mylar 200Vdc capacitors sound in speakers? Nowhere is there any feedback on how they sound. Maybe someone listened to them in acoustics and can share their impression of how they are compared, for example, with Jensen Aluminum Foil, Paper in Oil or Jupiter Copper Foil Paper or with Duelund more expensive ranges. Play naturally or is there synthetics in the sound? Thanks in advance for any advice.