Replacement woofer for Green Mouintain Audio Europa

The woofer in one of my Green Mountain Audio Europa speakers has a scraping voice coil. The 6 inch woofer is an Aura NS6-255-4A. Unfortunately both Green Mountain and Aura Sound are no more. Has anyone found a suitable replacement? Thanks

tellefsen

i may be wrong but believe Roy used the 4 ohm version of that woofer not the 8 ohm listed on that website.  I actually have a few spare woofers, have to check but I recall Roy had sent me two extra woofers about 10 years ago.  I still have the Callistos so could probably part with one of the woofers.  He also would make a mark on the back of the woofer drivers which would indicate how he matched them either a slash mark on a circle mark I believe.  You can send me a private message and we can discuss and in the meantime I'll check to try and find the spares I know I have them.

Replacing paper cone won't help broken voice coil btw.

A good reconing service can replace the voice coil and use the old cone. Some cones come with the voice coil.

I spoke with Midwest Speaker Repair. They were open to taking a look at the woofer to see if they could repair.  Thanks for the pointer Ralph.  I will still be on the lookout to buy one if I find one.  Otherwise I am stuck with trying to find a woofer with similar characteristics electrically and fits the 5 3/8 baffle cutout