Replacement meters for Mcintosh MC2125

I have an MC2125 amp with broken meters, and unfortunately Mcintosh no longer sells replacements. From my understanding, McIntosh has 2 different types of meters that could vary on 2 factors: size, and the labeled db/wattage scale.

So, if I can figure out what other Mcintosh models use the same Size meters as the mc2125, I can just buy those, use their guts and replace the backing (scale behind meter) with the ones from my mc2125.

Does anyone happen to know which models would have the same size meters? I've had a couple people guess mc2155, or any of the mc2200 line, but if i could get some confident answers or ideas on how to research an answer myself than that would be very helpful.

Thanks!!
hockey4496

Showing 2 responses by marakanetz

read voltage first with your dmm or voltmeter connected to the same terminals as your mac VU meters. I would prefer using the analogue voltmeter ($9 at RShack) and see fluctuation of arrow before starting a replacement research.
after watching a couple of tubes and practicing on radioshack breadboards for a couple of hours you'll become a soldering pro.