Replacement amp for outlaw rr2160

Hi all,

I bought an outlaw rr2160 integrated a couple of months ago and I really enjoy the sound coming from it. I have kef q100 on the shouty end of it which are soon being replaced by kef r3. 

Unfortunately, my wife bought new cabinets for the living room and my outlaw won’t fit in it and my wife deems it too ugly to be kept out in the open. 

So now I am looking to replace my basically new integrated with something else around the $1000 mark. I would like it to have a Dac, at least of couple of toslink inputs and also a subwoofer output with base management (so that it cuts out any frequency below the xover to the bookshelfs).  Essentially looking for an outlaw thats a bit smaller and can be hidden away in a cabinet. 

Do you guys have any suggestions ? (And anyone want a good deal on a brand new rr2160) ?
kachda

Showing 4 responses by kachda

@tuberist I did try a peachtree decco125 before I bought the outlaw and wasnt that impressed. Plus there seemed to be a constant buzzing sound from one speaker so I had to send it back. Maybe the Nova series is better. 

@prighello Thanks, I do need bass management since I plan to get subs at some point. I was struggling to find options with bass management so these suggestions are welcome. I will look at the options you suggested 

@b_limo The nuprime looms like a great amplifier but unfortunately only has 1 optical. I need at least two and preferably a couple of analog as well. 
I need one toslink for my goodle chromecast audio and another for my tv (no coaxial on either unfortunately). 

I cant use on subwoofer high pass filter because the sub will be kept closer to the back wall (no space left in front)
With respect to speakers, I really like kef speakers (think they are the best combination of enagaging without being fatiguing) for me. Also, I do not have space for floorstanders because the said cabinets take up all the space in the front of the room hence the kef r3s. I am hoping adding a sub and applying a high pass filter will reduce strain on the r3 and increase efficiency (does it work that way?)