Replace Cary 303/200 with what?

I am considering replacing my Cary 303/200. Cary Audio is sending me a brand new 303/200 (to replace a defect one), I am considering selling it here at Audiogon and buying someting new anyone interested in buying it?). What are some recommendations. I would like to stay at $2,000 and under. Here is what I am considering at this point:
1. Audio Aero Prima
2. Rega Jupiter
3. Ayre CX-7
4. Cairn Fog
5. Moon Equinox
6. Jolida JD100

I am getting these choices after reading various posts here at ag. There are no stores in my area to demo any of these. Will I be down grading by selling the Cary and replacing it with one of these (or other)? I use a Cary SLI 80 tube integrated amp with Paradigm Studio 100s. Any help, advice, tips would be appreciated.
abb9ae7

Showing 1 response by adasilva

I went through a similar experience with my Classe CDP that I’d purchased as a demo from a local dealer. Classe repaired it after one month of use and then it failed again so I can certainly understand your frustration. The dealer pushed Classe to send me a need CDP and they did. The new Classe CDP sounds better, tracks better, and hasn’t skipped a disk so I kept it.

While I was waiting for the Classe CDP the dealer lent me a Cary 303/200 and I liked the Cary a lot. I demoed about 10 different CDPs and the 303/200 was my favorite under $3k by far. Let us know how the Cary replacement works out and if you liked Cary’s customer service. The CDP is one component that I do not plan on purchasing used.

good luck, Al