Repaired a broken coil wire on a Denon dl 103

I had a basically brand new 103 laying around that I had been modding but during the mod I broke a coil wire. Anyone who has looked at one of these knows how thin the wire is. Anyway, with the family off for the night it seemed to be a good project. Armed with my magnifying glasses and my trusty samsung cell phone, I focused with keen eyes and found the bugger. I got my soldering iron out and a long, thin single run of copper wire, that I took from some cable I had laying around. It was a bit larger in diameter than the coil wire but there is no way I could find or work with a wire as thin as that.

With my soldering iron out and my camera focused on the cartridge, I began the repair. First, I soldered to the post. Then I wrapped the wire around a small plastic nub on the body, pressed it against the coil wire and solder it.

Would it work. Well, heck, yes it did. After testing it out I took out some epoxy and potted the wires to avoid a future problem. 

If it weren't for the keen eye of the camera this would have been an impossible task. Now, I can finish the mod and enjoy the dl 103.

this is without a doubt the most delicate thing I have ever done. Proud and amazed.

raymonda

Showing 1 response by stringreen

..congrats....just wondering if the performance matches one that didn't have the surgery