Repair or Replace mid-range driver for B&W M804

Greetings everyone,

I just noticed that the edge of my mid-range driver in my B&W Matrix 804 speaker is broken in some places. The speakers sound fine at low volume, but at medium volume, it is affecting the sound.

Should I try to seal the broken places or should I get a replacement driver. I guessed the plastic is brittle due to the age of these speakers, and it breaks. I am calling B&W on Monday to see if they have replacement drivers.

Did anybody replace the drivers of the B&W speakers ? Is it something you can do it yourself, or you have to bring it into a repair facility ?

Thanks for all your tips and recommendations.
128x128sunnyday

Showing 1 response by sugarbrie

Email or call B&W USA in Massachusetts directly. You can get the contact info off the website. In my experience they have always been very helpful and they ship fast if they have your part.

A couple years ago I was able to get replacement tweeter diaphrams on a model tweeter they had not made since like 1988-1990. It was pretty inexpensive too. I was fixing up some old speakers I got for free from a neighbor that had dead tweeters. Good as new. My Dad has them now..