Remarkably better sound possible with just 1 system component change?

I could have posted this discussion to a few other categories but chose this one because discussions related to 2 of the 4 components in question belong here.

So it's been ~2.5 yrs since I purchased my current system. I did a lot of research at the time here on audiogon, but no auditioning, and put together a system that sounds very, very good to me.

While I have no complaints, the itch to upgrade has surfaced recently.

I am curious as to whether you guys think it will be possible for me to replace just 1 of my primary 4 components and obtain significantly better sound as a result. The more discernible and obvious the sound improvement, the better obviously. I am not looking for a marginal upgrade - I want dramatically better sound. And I am not looking to replace more than 1 component at this time. I am hoping to get a few ideas/candidates and then may decide to audition some of the recommendations before making a decision. Hopefully some of the upgrade paths are such no-brainers that I may even be able to take a leap of faith without auditioning. Note also that acoustic room treatments are not viable in my current listening location.

My current 4 part system:

1. Lumin D2 - 100% of my listening is streaming via Tidal
2. Mcintosh C2600 preamp
3. Mcintosh MC452 amp
4. Focal Kanta 2 speakers

Cables are Cardas Golden presence RCAs from the Lumin to C2600, Cardas Clear Cygnus XLRs from the C2600 to the MC452, and Kimber 8TC speaker cables to the Kantas.

Soundstaging, dynamics, imaging and overall clarity are all great. I have to say I love the Be tweeters. And the bass is punchy, tight, fast and certainly sufficient for my needs. Vocals and overall sound are warm, liquid smooth and analog-like, just the way I like it. (Forgive me if I've botched some of the characterizations - I'm no expert at this). The only thing I can think of that could use some improvement is the sound quality at lower volume levels, although that is not terribly important to me since most of my listening is in the 90+ Db range. Would be nice, though.

So while I do love the overall sound, surely dramatically better sound can be obtained via a 1 component swap? Budget is ~10k. Or will I need to spend more, or upgrade more than 1 component to achieve the desired result?

Thanks in advance for your time and thoughts.

chandybe
Hey OP - we are all allowed to have the room that we like.  Please don't listen to the criticism. I myself have tried to craft my area into a combo of the bridge of the Enterprise (TNG), a sports bar, and an Amsterdam Coffee Shop.  

They're right on some points though - figuring out what you're looking for beyond "improvement" is critical. It's like your are cooking a complex dish...you can't just make it "better"...does it need garlic?  paprika? 
I use only homemade device of my own.... NO buying....

There is no MAGIC in controlling vibrations, the electrical noise floor and room acoustic...

All those publicity about the way to create a Hi-Fi experience only with money are largely false...This come from SELLERS....

New design and costlier one are better than my vintage yes, but their margin of superiority cannot exceed the abyss between a well embedded audio system and one which is not well embedded in the mechanical, electrical and acoustical dimensions...

Almost nobody ever teach that on these forums but all people boast about the branded names of their choices for proof of superiority.... 😁 And they all boasted about their own without realizing that others are right also about their own favorite.....

It is ridiculous...Acting like sellers is not the way....

Yes some branded name are better, but the BASIC is not the recommendation of the "alleged"  best branded name, the basic is HOW to install an audio system, what i called a set of  embeddings controls....Not a " Tweak"....An embedding control is primary not a secondary addition... An embedding control is homemade and custom made for a SPECIFIC house and system and specific ears...An embedding control is devised by listening experiments...An embedding control is specific, a "tweak" is generic....

An embedding control cost peanuts....."tweak" cost money....

For the OP question if he want to change something and only one thing the ACOUSTIC settings of the room is the only upgrading possibility and the most powerful one after that the electrical noisy grid of the house and the vibrations/ resonance in the speakers mainly......... Any change of gear before these three set of controls will be a waste of money and an "illusory" upgrading with small benefits...

Rule number one: we must know the real working potential of what we already own before changing it.....

Rule number one: we must know the real working potential of what we already own before changing it.....

Brilliant!
If you love your sound, except at low volume, you need to correct for unnatural frequency response due to Fletcher-Munson effect. I.e., you need loudness compensation or equalization. Try a Schiit Loki. It will improve low volume greatly, when tuned to your listening preferences. Bypass the Loki at normal volumes.
For component upgrade, I would replace the Lumin first, then speaker cables, and add Audioquest or Shunyata power conditioning. All of these changes have worked for me.