Religious music for less than devout

We have a thread " Jazz for someone who doesn’t like jazz. " In a similar vein perhaps "Religious music for the less than devout".

"people get ready" - Rod Stewart
"Amazing Grace" - Jessye Norman
2009 "Duets" - Five Blind Boys of Alabama, The - entire CD
1988 "Sweet Fellowship" - Acappella, the entire CD

In 1989 I was working in NJ, I may have been the only guy on the job who did not know he was working for the Irish Mafia. I would lend people the CD "Sweet Fellowship" and they were willing to pay for it but never return it:

"Here is $20 kid, go buy yourself another cuz youz can’t have mine back. Now don’t ever ask me again."

timothywright
One of my favorites was Ry Cooder singing Jesus is on the Main Line Tell Him What You Want. 
I think I’ve got a version of that with Mavis Staples...

Cliff Richard.  In the late 70s we was releasing great music with a positive, moral vibe.  Look up We Don’t Talk Anymore.  
@rocketroom  - Yep. "Come to Jesus" from Mindy Smith's - "One Moment More" album is a truly incredible song (and the whole album is very good). 

Anyone who has not hear this song, buy it, stream it, whatever. Just turn it up loud and let it rip...

@timothywright  - Have you heard Eva Cassidy's version of "People Get Ready" from her "Live at Blues Alley" album? Sublime.....