REL Vs SVS for 2 channel music listening

I have Zu Omen Defs connected to a NuForce STA200 (class a/b) amp. REL has suggested a T9/i https://rel.net/shop/subwoofers/serie-ti/t9i/

SVS has a cheaper SB-2000 which seems to be closer for half the price https://www.svsound.com/products/sb-2000

I've read numerous places that REL is way overpriced and SVS is great for music. I am aware of Zu's subs...would like to keep the price under a grand if possible. 

Opinions?
aberyclark
@dlcockrum  and @aberyclark 

Any thoughts on the Longbow wireless delivery system vs using the Speakon wired connector?
Hi David,

No experience with Longbow but it also gets its signal from the hi-level Speak-on cable from the amplifier's outputs and then transmits the signal wirelessly to compatible REL (their highest end) subs, so the benefit of the REL design should be retained. 

I can appreciate eliminating the constraint of the input cable for more flexible sub placement (although the sub's power cord could still be a possible constraint) but IMO it is a major oversight not to include a wireless remote function to adjust the sub from the listening position. Also, it is unclear if it can be used with multiple subs, but I can't see why not if both have a wireless receiver module.

Dave 
I have a REL S5 and couldn’t be happier with it. When I purchased my REL a few months back I asked similar questions as you and considered the SVS as well. In the end I learned that one of a sub’s most important responsibilities in sound reproduction is to create a sense of space. The REL’s drivers are very fast and integrate seamlessly with my PSB T3’s and help to create an enormous and well integrated sound-stage. I love what it does with 2 channel music as well as movies. REL's philosophy and approach is a little different than other speaker manufacturers. I'd suggest going on Youtube and searching under REL subwoofer. Find a video where John Hunter, CEO and Chief Designer at REL talks about the REL philosophy. There are several very good ones.

Good luck with your purchase.
Rel makes fine subwoofers, no doubt. They also look good, but are relatively expensive.
For a while their unique selling point was that they connected at speaker level, and without a high pass filter for the main speakers. Hence their typical low pass crossover point had to be and was relatively low, with as little impact on the main speakers as possible.. These days, many other subs can do the same.
To be honest the sound quality of a sub is largely determined by the room. 'Speed' for example is an acoustic property and not as some seem to think a driver issue. Just look at REW waterfall graphs. Room modes are a nasty problem, only really solved by the combination of multiple subs and room eq.
Is there any advantage of a 12 inch woofer vs 10 inch? The Rel t/9i has a 10 inch woofer 300 watt amp. The SvS has a 12 inch woofer with 500 watt amp.