REL subwoofer hum

I own a REL stadium III, and have owned it for some time now. Just recently I noticed that it will produce an audible (although low level) hum when I turn my system’s amplifier off. I have the Stadium hooked up in the recommended manner: I have it hooked up with the neutrik cable to the Speaker B terminals of my amplifier. Speaker A terminals are occupied by my Sonus Faber concertos. When both sets of speaker terminals are on, the sub is quiet. When I turn off the B speaker terminals, or turn off the amp altogether, a low level Hum is output by the REL. I have not noticed this hum before and believe it to be a new occurrence. However, I guess it could be a ground hum. My main amplifier, and the REL are plugged into two different outlets, both outlets have quality AC filters/surge protectors, and I use the stock power cords for the amp and REL. Should I alter my hookup method? Would better power cables help? I really don’t want to have the REL serviced as, I’m sure you know, it weighs 110 pounds, and I don’t want to have to move it. If it is a so-called "ground hum", how do I alleviate it?

phoenix469

Showing 1 response by phoenix469