Reimyo DAP 777 - looking for a good transport

I bought a used Reimyo DAP 777 and I'm amazed. Some months ago I was lucky to have lived with the one box CDP 777 for a few days - which I cannot afford. The CDP sounds even more natural and organic, but the DAC offers tremendous value as you manage to get a good fraction of the one box player performance for a lot less money ...

I'm using it with my 508.24 Meridian cd player while I don't get a dedicated transport.

Which transports shoud I consider? CEC? Audio Note? What about the old Wadia's or Teac? I have also the chance of getting a Procee CDD ...

Any insights are warmly welcome :o)

Vermeer
128x128vermeer

Showing 4 responses by vermeer

Rx8man,

have you tried the Stereovox HDX2 already? How good is it? Is it much better than the less expensive hdvx?
regarding the CEC, I had a TL-1X at home, but the unit was defective and "died" 15 minutes I turned it on ... anyway I'm looking for something more affordable. Do you think the new TL-51x is much inferior to the TL-2x?

Sundance,

here goes a short description:
The Reimyo DAC shares the attributes of the CDP. One can speak of its speed, detail. About how transparent it sounds and how dense, large and focused it soundstage is. But, imo, what's most important is how it manages to make sense of the music. It sounds extremely LUCID.

As it is so transparent, I think it will show clearly the character of the auxiliary equipment - digital cable and transport for this purpose.

I listen mainly to chamber and ancient music (Baroque, Renaissance, middle age). This kind of music is very demanding. It is sinuous, subtle and full of contrasts. The transport should cope with this demands ...

Vermeer
First of all, thank you all for your informative feedback :o)

Regarding the CDP vs DAP
I had both at home. I'm a friend of the Portuguese distributor of Reimyo and as we presented it in an audioshow, I had it at home for a few days.
The CDP changed what I believed was possible getting from the redbook. It's awesome.

It's not strightforward to compare the CDP with the DAP as I did some changes no the setup since then, but I would say the CDP sounds even more natural and organic, but the DAP appears to sound more visceral and with more immediacy (but the CDP was brand new).

Regarding the price, the new CDP costs 14000 Euro here ... I got the used DAP for a 1500 Euro. I could afford the latter, not the former ...
So, Tbj, you see my point?

Ben,

I heard good things about the audionet and found someone selling the Art V1 - do you know how it compares to the V2?

to all:
I know of someone who will sell a Denon DP-S1 (http://denon.jp/europe/dps1.html) ... I bet this and the Reimyo would be - i guess - a "dream team". How much would be thr market value of one of these?

Vermeer
The choice has been done. An Audionet Art V2 will be my next transport. Impressive in its neutrality and precision. Sounds as solid as it looks! It outperfomerd clearly a CEC TL-1x I also had at home ...

Ben, which connection (AES/EBU, BNC, coax) and cable are you using, as you own the same combo?

Vermeer
Ben,

thank you :o)
I'm using a massive and long table with two short feet. The table (and it's feet) is made of 5 cm thick and it works really nice. For the DAC I use it's own cones; for the transport I will try the Ceraballs when the transport arrives as they have always produced great results with my CDP/Transports; on the amp (Sugden masterclass) I use RDC cones ...

best regards,
Vermeer