Reimyo 777 vs Victor XL-Z900....amazing

Hi guys,

I dont usually wax lyrical about a cd player but i just thought i'd share my views on these two superb cd players.

I travel to Tokyo regularly and this season i managed to pick up (among others that i'll mention later) a used Reimyo 777 and a Victor XL-Z900 from a dealer. I was in a reasonable hurry so the dealer told me that i could send the cd player i didnt like back to him...i thought this would be easy...WRONG!

Many audiophiles know of the Reimyo 777..touted as the very best that redbook can offer with one of the very best transports ever invented.

However many reviewers mentioned that Reimyo worked with Victor in japan and used both the same transport and K2 architecture.

The $15000 Reimyo uses the Victor XL-Z900 transport (proprietary to Victor) and K2 architecture. Victor is part of JVC..and the K2 architecture has been used to burn their fantastic XRCDs..quote me if i'm wrong. Anyway i believe its the method of processing and its very very good.

So i got home to the UK with my haul....like a pirate frothing at the mouth.

My system comprises of a TACT TDA2200 amp and Dali Euphonia MS4 speakers. Cabling is synergistic research signature.

Well as i use the TACT TDA all connections are digital. So i wanted only to use the cd as a transport.

The Victor proved to be the equal to the Reimyo 777 no matter what i threw at it. The transport is truly amazing and up there with the latest Neo-VRDS in the Esoteric X-01 and a few others i'll mention later.

Difference here is that a new Victor XL-Z900 costs only $4500....go figure. I sent the Reimyo back within a week.

The Reimyo did sound a bit better into analogue than the Victor but as a transport there was nothing in it...just the $10500 price difference in my mind! :))

I mentioned the other bits of my haul:

1. Sony CDP-R10...in my mind the very best redbook transport ever. Sony created less than 100 of these beasts at an extremely high cost.

The R-series are japan only and better than any ES series.

2. Denon DP-S1...very rare and wonderful transport.
3. CEC TL1...lovely belt drive unit
4. Sony CDP-R3
5. Nakamichi Dragon cd...fantastic unit..modifies very well.
6. Yamaha CX-10000 centennial preamp...yamaha created 100 of these babies to mark its 100th anniversary...proud to now own one.

Lots of jewels....i'm off to play.

RJH
enjoy_the_music

Showing 1 response by listener57

Thanks for posting about the audio gods smiling down on you. Interesting that you found the JVC/Victor to be a relative bargain compared to my heart's desire, the Reimyo.
Just don't forget to unload some of your items onto the rest of us when it's time to upgrade after this haul of goodies becomes old hat to you.
Do you buy components made for UK plugs and electric current, or is there a modification necessary?