Rega RS 10 Owners

How long have you had them?

What do you use to drive them?

What are their salient qualities sound wise?

What are their shortcomings sound wise?

Have you had any reliability problem with them, if yes what issue(s) did they have?

What did you replace them with should they actually be your ex-speakers?

Thanks. 

P.S.  Anyone here running a top of the line Rega only system from source to speakers?

pbb
I’m running an all REGA SYSTEM for about 5 years ....all smiles and a keeper for me.

REGA ISIS Valve cdp/DAC
REGA OSIRIS integrated amp
REGA R9 speakers (4 way predecessor top of the line to the current model RS10)
NORDOST FREY XLR ICs
NORDOST FREY shotgunned speaker cables with matched shotgunned jumpers)

I’ve auditioned the RS10s at the dealer.In brief....terrific in all aspects....full stop. They are the natural speaker selection speakers worthy of the OSIRIS / ISIS setup if I was starting a new REGA system purchased from a dealer.

the 4-way super-tweeter line transmission R9s are different than the 3- way BMR driver RS10s.

My R9s really opened up to a higher performance level with the introduction of the NORDOST reference level cable array, to the point that I’m happy to keep them instead of upgrading to the RS10s for now.
They are great in MY system (emphasis added )

The shotgunned/ jumper speaker cable array bested numerous different bi-wires that I auditioned in head-to-head bake-offs.

both the R9s and RS10s are very revealing that will expose all the strengths AND WARTS upstream.... don’t attempt to chintz it with cheap source or cheap amp and expect the speakers to compensate for the upstream shortcomings....they will graphically expose any “Emperor’s clothes” upstream as poor (and disappointing) pretenders instead of being the “a-ha moment” true contenders that you were hoping for.

send me a PM and we can discuss it further if you like
Post removed