Rega RB300 Troubleshooting

I recently upgraded my RB300 tonearm with the incognito rewire kit and have learned from experience that it would have been better to have this done by a professional (especially since I've just voided the warranty). It was extremely difficult removing the rubber boot that housed the cartridge leads especially since the instructions said to push it INTO the arm tube!! What I ended up doing was removing a small, critical screw from the tracking force adjustment knob by mistake that I can no longer screw back into place.

Basically, my question is what are my options? I have no idea how to get the screw back in and wind the spindle back to it's original position. The knob was set to 3 when I removed the screw. Other than this, the upgrade went smoothly (even the soldering).

Any help greatly appreciated!
hitman_hifi

Showing 1 response by pops

Hitman, have you weighed the tonearm/cartridge with a VTF guage? I'm guessing it's at 3 grams or higher but its a start. You already know this but it sounds like its critical to get the mechanical VTF on the arm dialed back. Why won't the screw go back in? Is there some sort of threaded piece inside the VTF knob you could manually move with a tool?