Rega P8 Phono Stage, better than EAR 834p

Love my Rega P8 and it's even better with an Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge. I've owned, used and loved my EAR 834p MC/MM w/volume control phono stage for over a decade. I've paired it with a Bob's Devices 1:20 SUT and really I find no faults with the whole thing.
But... as I said it's been over a decade and I don't know if anything is better AND within a reasonable price? I know many of the best are sky high in price now. If I were to try something new it would be under $3,000 (new or used).

My integrated amp is all tube (Rogue Cronus Magnum II) so, a solid state phono pre might be a good choice. The only thing I'm looking at right now is the new $2,400 PS Audio Stellar Phono. But is anything in that price range an improvement over the very fine EAR?
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xcreativepart
"My integrated amp is all tube (Rogue Cronus Magnum II) so, a solid state phono pre might be a good choice."

Curious why you reason a solid state phono is a good choice? What does having a tube amp have to do with a tube phono being a "bad choice?"

Either one typically, is just a subjective choice.

Edit: PS Audio is a good choice right now. Sale/trade in credit.
The reason is that "sometimes" tube pre-amps and tube amplifiers are characterized by a warmer tube sound quality. So, many folks like to pair tube pre-amps (phono and otherwise) with solid-state amplification or visa versa.

My tube EAR 834p phono stage is connected to the tube pre-amp in my integrated amp which is connected to my all tube power amp.

So, if I go solid-state for my phono stage I wont have a 100% tube based signal chain.
It's not a hard and fast rule, but you'll see it being commonly accepted.

Always being very personal on tastes makes it tough to give recommendations.I was in a similar situation last year. Tube or SS?I have a Cronus MKII with a nice sound using my combination of tubes.I bought a Rogue Triton "II" SS phono ($1295) I’m into the Rogue house sound. This is a sleeper Phono that came out late last year. It has everything in adjustments, Sub filter, Stereo/ mono, 70db gain, no stepup this time around, .Extremely quiet and dynamic with the Cronus II. I like it a lot with my Shelter 501 II on a Clearaudio Emotion ES, CMB bearing, Satisfy Carbon Tonearm.