Rega P10 v Complete rebuild Garrard 401!

I currently have a Rega P3 that I’m generally happy with, but looking to upgrade and I’m in two minds.  Go old school with Garrard 401 or keep with new tech and get a P10.  Both are well regarded and there are plenty of individual reviews.  However I’ve not been able to find a comparative analysis (not really expecting to) so i thought i would ask here.  It would be paired with a Line Magnetic 508ia tub amp and Harbeth HL5 plus speakers.  
I listen to a wide range of music, from classic jazz, funk, soul and classic rock but admittedly i spend the majority of my vinyl time listening to thinks like Bowie, the Smiths, New Order, A Certain Ratio, Chameleons or similar.  
Any counsel?   
gunners01
My Garrard 301 was fully refurbished by James Campbell  [email protected] in Pennsylvania. I also use his unfinished wood plinth for 12" arm.
My arm is the original Ortofon RMG 309. I use SPU cartridges -- Silver Meister MKii, Gold Reference, and a mono.
My phono preamp is Magi Phonomenal. SUT is Live! MC-10 with Hashimoto HM-3.
Overall spent less than $4K without cartridges. 
Just for a reference. 

I’d like to know if it is possible with the REGA 3000 tonearm To changeVTA and azimuth or not ? I hear about spacers for dialing VTA… who can explain to me please ?

@senza 

I don't think it's anything to worry about. I never got any joy with mucking about with VTA once I'd set the cartridge alignment and tracking weight as optimally as I could.

It doesn't appear that Rega are too concerned with it either.

However, in the case of unorthodox cartridge shapes I believe that a adjuster/spacer is available if required by courtesy of Origin Live.

https://www.analogueseduction.net/origin-live-parts-and-accessories/origin-live-rega-rb-250300600-vta-adjuster.html

The spacers for Rega arms are designed to go between the arm base and plinth under the three screws.  Some are individual shims allowing one to raise the arm by a millimeter or more, some are designed to have a few different options in the spacer so you have different options depending on the orientation of circular shaped spacer when you insert them.  You can only raise the back of the arm but since Rena arms are designed to work with their cartridges which are on the shorter side raising options are probably most efficacious. 

can I just say that the Rega and Garrard appear in very different parts of the audio spectrum. The Rega is like a light sportscar and the Garrard a large 4X4.  The Rega is all about a lightness and quickness of sound without overhang - the Garrard is very muscular. They have great timing in common. Try and get to an audio show and you will get a chance to hear the type of sound that they make. I must say I always find it amusing that people using Garrards with their amazing bass often use valve amps - even single ended - yes i know some valve amps can do bass but... I digress.