Rega owners

RP1 plus performance upgrades or RP3? I want to spend around $6-7 hundred but might be willing to go up to the RP3 if it is worth it. Thanks
wildoats
I have a REGA RP3 with a custom aluminum 3mm shim from Groove Tracer. Also, bought the reference sub platter, Acrylic platter and a Mapleshade vibration kit.Also, the upgraded Rega belt. Everyone of these upgrades elevated the table a lot. The RP3 is now super dead quiet and spins effortlessly on the sapphire and Cz bearing. I can now use a record clamp! It makes a world of difference, (JA Mitchel). The best cartridge match I can find for the RB301 is the Dynavector 10X5. This combo works best ...Full dynamics,bass,highs are sweet and effortless, midrange is full and rich with detail and accuracy. I could go on for a while....Total money spent on this Rega RP3 is $2000, with Cartridge! All I know is I would have to jump up to a 5k rig to get better sound. Now that's value!
I have owned the new Rega RP6 MM for nine months and am over the moon with it. However, one small one- somehow two styli have been bent
in this time and have had to be replaced at some cost...
I cannot get on with the plastic protective cover and am nervous about having to replace any further Exact cartridges. That said, I have decided to go for a different make of cartridge- probably a Goldring 1042. Is the Goldring suitable for the RP6? I don't think that I need to buy anything else ie spacers. I also understand that the 1042 can be tricky to fit- would it be reasonable to ask for my original Rega supplier to help fit? I just fancy a cartridge where I can replace the stylus. Any advice would be v much appreciated...
Hi,

Just me little bit here, I have a Planar 3 with the Ely's 2 cart.

Went into the shop to buy a new cart for another deck, ended up hearing the Planar1/2/3 whilst there and then got a good deal on the 3. For me the 3 was the best for what I am going to have and do.

I am never going to have the expensive stuff due to the costs so settled for some that will help to kerb and upgrading that I normally do. I have to say it has, comes with some good features that the others don't with this being the newer model is well spec'd compared to the other same name models.

Best is if you can hear them play, some times the lower end is great before finding that balance before big money is doesn't and only small gains