Rega Brio-R vs Elicit-R

Hi all!

im considering upgrading from my Brio-R to an Elicit-R. Has anyone else made the same jump - could you share your impressions? Significant? Different? The same but better? No difference?

my speakers are Wharfedale Diamond 10.7, and Rega RS5. 
Thanks all!
leemaze

Showing 3 responses by kren0006

I’ve heard both amps. It’s a significant jump. Even the jump to Elex-R is huge. 
I’d say the jump from brio to elex much larger than jump from elex to elicit 

ymmv
Sorry, I wouldn't be able to comment with any degree of certainty because I heard them at different times with different speakers and equipment etc.  

I suspect that any differences in tonal balance result from the differing release dates (I think they were released maybe a year apart??) and the latter (which I think was Elex-R and Brio-R, versus Ellicit-R) incorporating some additional knowhow that Rega attained over that year.  But that is just a guess, and I could be off on the dates.  Haven't looked at for quite awhile.
I’ve heard all three but never in a controlled head to head or even at the same time. So it’s difficult to compare with any degree of accuracy. Each will obviously have similar house sound, and as you go up the ladder you’ll get "more" of it - no different than any manufacturer’s lineup.

That said, I believe there are some reviews (you’ll have to look for them) that perhaps indicate that the Elicit-R may be, if memory serves, a bit more forward than the Elex-R. Don’t quote me on that, but when I was researching them 1.5 years ago it seems to me that I saw something like that.