Rega Brio-R vs Creek Evolution 50A

So I have a bit of a dilemma on my hands. I have put together a very competent 2 channel system consisting of a Rega DAC, Rega Brio-R and Rega RS5 floor stander speakers. Sources are a Mac Mini and Oppo BDP-93 over Tos-link and Coax respectively. It sounds awesome for music but I miss having surround sound for movies. The kicker here is I have a Rega VOX Center Channel and Rega RS-1 bookshelf speakers already from a previous failed attempt at a multi channel setup which are sitting here gathering dust. So I have taken to the internet in search of a way to have the best of both worlds without giving up anything. It seems like the Creek Evolution 50A might be a great solution as it has a home theatre bypass which the Brio-R sadly lacks. I know I could simply feed the pre amp outs from a receiver and set the volume at 12 o'clock on the Rega, then calibrate and call it a day but I would like a more elegant solution. Besides I tried that with a short lived Cambridge Audio Azul Receiver and was really disappointed with the results. Too low a voltage on the pre outs maybe but I had to really crank the Brio R to get any kind of volume out of it. Long story short, has anyone here heard the Rega Brio-R and the Creek Evolution 50A. I really love my Brio-R especially due to the synergy with the rest of the Rega components but I miss my movies. I listen to pretty much all genres of music from smooth Jazz to hard rock/metal and electronic so I need an amp that sounds good with everything I throw at it which the Brio-R currently does. I have read rave reviews on the Creek but I would like to get everyone's input. Thanks!
ak247

Showing 2 responses by ak247

Thanks for the response Simao. Did you also find the Creek to be quick on its feet, especially bass wise? Definitely a Rega quality I don't want to sacrifice.
Really appreciate the advice Simao. I realize it would be a mostly lateral move but I can't cleanly integrate 2 channel and multichannel with the Brio-R I have now. I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be giving up anything in the process. Hope you are having a happy holiday!