Rega Brio R or Jolida 301RC

Essentially a newbie in the process of putting together a budget system. I recently picked up a set of Paradigm Atom v6 speakers. I am pretty much set on purchasing a used PS Audio Digital Link III, since my primary source will be a PC. I have a cheap Technics CD player and Turntable as part of my current hand me down system. I have some vinyl but listen to it rarely. I primarily listen to rock, jazz and bluegrass. I like the half case size of these amps because I have limited space. The Jolida is appealing because it is 1/2 the price of the Rega, and I am intrigued by tubes. The Rega has more power, a phono stage, and is supposedly a great value. However it is at the very top of my price range. I appreciate your thoughts.
drop

Showing 1 response by response34

I have not heard the Rega in some time but was a dealer for Jolida for a long time. I can tell you that the Jolida 301 is a very impressive unit is does not get the claim it deserves. I am no longer a dealer but still have two of these pieces around. Worth a listen at the very least.

You may also want to look at their JD9 phono stage. I don't think you will find anything better anywhere near the price.

Again, I am not a Jolida dealer and have no affiliation with the company