Rega Brio-R Break-in time.

I just bought the new Rega Brio-R integrated amp. This is the third day I am using it now. I have been trying to burn it in but only have about 20 hours on it so far. I have mixed feelings with it so far. Everything sounds great except for one part. The upper midrange and lower treble sounds shrill, bright, and thin. It is unnatural. I wince when the T's and S's come on with singers. And with any instrument in that range it also sounds unnaturally bright. I'll give it another 100 hours or so. I really hope it changes with break in because the amp does so many other things right. My fingers are crossed.
Anyone else have any experience with Rega gear during break in?
mezzanine
@50jess
Do you really want to void a Rega warranty? Caps are relatively simple to replace, but opamps are surface-mount. A real challenge. Maybe you could await a Rega factory mod (if it should arise)? Or select a different amp?
I suspected the issue with the Brio-R sound was due to the preamp stage and not the power amp. Thanks for that info Affinity.
I just picked up a brio-r and I'm having the same issue. It has a hard metallic edge compared to my old 2000 series brio. The 2000 brio is never bright or edgy sounding, the brio-r is tough to listen to on some material.

I do agree with Affinity, it definitely has the sound of polyester coupling caps.

I built a few phono preamps using polyester caps and those had the same characteristics.

I do love everything else about the R, it drives my Acoustat 2+2's to satisfying levels.
btw, there is also more hiss... don't know if it's the phono section or the amp. The 2000 Brio is very quiet.
@Cableplex
It's a shame regarding this slight issue with what could be a killer amp. Perhaps it's unwise to lump all polyester caps together as sonic grunge. Remember earlier Brio's featured Evox MMK polyester box caps, and their interaction with warmer-sounding JRC op-amps obviously produces something more pleasant than the current Brio R pre-amp component choice. In time I hope Rega listen and learn.