Rega apollo v NAD 565 BEE comparsion Others?

I compared a Rega Apollo and NAD 565 BEE. Amp is an Exposure 2010S with Cardas Neutral Reference ICs and Analysis Plus Oval 9 wire Speakers are Polk SDA 1Cs and RTA 12Bs. The Rega was very nice and natural with a big stage and may?? have had a sense of slightly deeper bass. It also came off as ever so slightly laidback with a little bit of a hot top end but very little.
The NAD seemed to have more punch and things had more defintion Things seem to stand out more froma black background and be more bold. It seemed to have a slightly more dynamic sound. As I listen to rock and blues it seemed to fit the bill better Who knows if an IC change would have helped the Apollo. HOWEVER from an operational stand point the NAD is wonderful to use while the Rega is a little annoying.
I am leaning toward the NAD but am wondering about the Marantz 8003,8001 and the Cambridge 740C. I had the Cambridge here 2 years ago with different amp and thought it was nice but had a narrow stage and seemed to detail driven Any thoughts on any of this???
Also, does anyone have a copy of Stereophile ( October 2009)and can tell me what Sam T had to say about the NAD 375BEE and 565BEE??
128x128geph0007

Showing 1 response by realhifi

Depends on the system. I happen to dig the Rega but in your system it could be different. As you can see by the reponses there is no consensus on this price point. Others would have to include the Rotel RCD-1520. I dynamite player for $1,000.