Refurbish Fidelity Research Tonearms

Would like to refurbish my FR-64s .... Has someone made it? Experience? Who? 
128x128syntax
LOL
....grabbing more popcorn.....
Kidding aside I'm listening to you both, both
of you are experienced analog users and I respect that, why both of intelligent people gets into these arguments? I don't know...
Well me neither but always that I participate with him in any thread his no-sense " crash " answers are exactly the same and not only with me: in this thread we can read his responses to chakster. Maybe need a " refurbished brain ", who knows but exist a problem down there.

Yes to his " crash " kind of answers I just make the same, no one else gives him that kind of answer because does not really " knows " him like me. So self defense and nothing more because I have nothing and I mean it against him.

R.
I need more butter on my popcorn...

Now, if we can just get Nandric and Dertoarm in here and then stir that pot good (maybe with a good 'ole radical subjectivism vs. scientific materialism debate, throw in some hot peppers) then we might have a real good time!

Old karma...

I have a NIB SME 3012-R Pro sitting here waiting for a plinth, and I wouldn't touch it; just heresy for me. But I'm an originalist in many things I collect - that's just my thing.

But if my audio-buddy down the street wants to rewire his vintage arm with 1000-yr old annealed silver, that sounds OK too...could work.

Irascibility aside, I've always enjoyed Raul and Syntax's opinions. They have the experience to offer valid opinions, and if they want to take each other to task, that works for me too. And it makes the popcorn taste better, of course.

Resume, please.
Some weird communications going on here fellows, I can't comment on that. But  I want to know which arm to buy and also how do any of these precision bearings go bad in these arms? I mean There not under any stress during normal use are they? Did they use an inferior bearing of some sort?

I understand grease dries out and turns to wax but this can be removed and re lubed!

I think we can do these ourselves with a small investment of precision tools. 
No doubt a refurbish - relube - process could be performed at home with the correct tools.  Its all about time and money.

I also understand the motivation to not alter a classic.  I just think in this case, the idea of improving the performance of an excellent design through a rewire, cleaning and better materials for a longer life make perfect sense.  Especially if you have no intention to sell the arm. How many of you are using the original DIN to RCA cable that came with the FR-64S? Not me.