Reference 3A

Thoughts on the Veenas or Grand Veenas running a solid state amp? The buzz online is that they are "designed for tubes." Good or bad experiences running them on decent 100-150 watt amplification?
griggs
Tried the Mac 275, very nice,robust sound, a different take than the Red Dragon amps,the ideal amp would have the best aspects of both.
The Red Dragon amps seem to have more speed and keep it together when the music gets complex, but the Mac has it when the music is less complex,voices are better thru the Mac,more like real human voices.

Either amp makes the Grand Veenas sound very listenable,so it's a toss up, I wouldn't say the Grand Veenas are just for tube amps.

I even tried an ancient 20watt Tubed(6v6)integrated amp and heard things niether amp was capable of reproducing.
So more experimentation with power amps, tubed and solid state I think is the order of the day.

One thing I will say about the Grand Veena then is that it's only limitations so far seem to be amp related.
Give it a less revealing amp and that's what you'll hear, give it an amp that is over etched and that is what you get.

In other words it tells it like it is, and so far the only sound I can attribute to the speakers is the sound of the amp partnering it.

I have owned many other speakers where it was the other way around.
I am always impressed with the sound that they get out of the Grand Veenas at the shows. Why not get recommendations from Reference 3A?
The Carissa amp from Art Audio also works very well with the GV.No lack of power or any sense of strain from this 20 watt SET amp.
Some vintage Macs are in the works.