Reel to reel deck directly to power amp ?

Thinking about my totally new future system. The main source is going to be reel to reel deck, most likely Otari two track, possibly Studer A810. I will keep the turntable and run the phono thru deck. So I will need only one input, decks have volume control and preamp. I don't think I will need separate preamp. Do you ?
Power amps could be both transistor and tube, maybe even hybrids - Lamm, as an example, would very much depend on speakers. Don't know what speakers, could be as different as Harbeth and Kharma.
inna
ct0517, if I get the math right, using a 10.5’ reel @ 2500’ per reel at 15ips, you can record ~33 minutes of content on each side. Of course twice as much using a more typical 7.5ips machines like the one I have. I don’t think economy is a major driver in this hobby😁
Some recordings are quite bad so 7.5 ips two track will be enough.
Is there a tape considered best ? With cassettes it is Maxell Metal Vertex back coated.
Reel to reel deck is the ultimate audiophile device, and if you really want to be involved you got to have one. 
@kalali - 33 1/3 minutes. I actually always thought that was a bit amusing given that is the speed at which most LPs are played.

That's a very good question Inna, and I hope someone has an answer in regard to the best tape. I have been so glad to get Quantegy 456, that I haven't scrutinized it.

I dream of "Maxell EE"; that tape was so good that you could record at 3 3/4 and get the same results as recording on regular tape at 7 1/2.