Redbook+SACD Player to Replace Denon 5900?

I need some suggestions folks. I'm thinking about downsizing my system somewhat by getting rid of my Denon 5900 and going with a seperate DVD player and Redbook/SACD player. I don't care if it has DVD-A capability. I've even thought about forgoing SACD completely and just going back to Redbook.

My budget for the CD player is $1000 tops. If I decide to just go Redbook, the top contender on my list is a modded Jolida JD-100A, merely because I've owned a stock unit and loved the sound.

Does anyone have suggestions for me? My downstream equipment is mid-fi: Aragon Soundstage pre/pro, Sherbourn 5/1500A amp, Onix Rocket RS750 mains. Thanks in advance for your input.

Doug
dpippel

Showing 2 responses by dmitrydr

Sorry guys, can't tell I tried enough, but my 16bit PCM Moon Nova sounds Whole Way Better then SACDs I tried on Marantz 8400, and I don't mention its poor redbook playback.

BTW, I wouldn't call voodoo something just because I don't understand why and how it works. Or BMW is just a Toyota with lots of voodoo? :) For those who understand it often called "refinement".

Also, I don't get that excitement of the technology: while I admit that DVD-A implementation is far from ideal, from purely technical perspective DVD-A is far superior to DSD (at least it doesn't have to deal with huge amount of noise, which is there because of DSD concept), and DVD-A is old good PCM!