Red Rose Anyone?

Has anyone tried out any of the ultra-premium priced Red Rose line of audio equipment marketed by Mr. Mark Levinson? Are they any different from other high-end brands like Mark Levinson? I guess his non-compete period with Harmon International is over and that is why he is starting a new gig. I am intrigued by its Red Rose Model 5 integrated amplifier, especially with its $8,000 list price tag. Any insight into the Red Rose products would be much appreciated. Thank you.
avguy

Showing 1 response by 42659

My understanding about Red Rose is they do not manafacture or design the electronic products they sell rather they have taken the approach of buying products of small companies and putting there label on them. The Red Rose Petal MC Cartridge for example is a Miyabi Cartridge but at 3k is priced below the regular Miyabi. There electronics have to go thru the red rose markup so they can be a bit expensive but most all other high dollar products go thru a similar retail markup in price thru the more tradational dealer structure. Every product must be judged on its own merits.