nonoise:
"
Has the Russian troll farm infiltrated Audiogon? 😮
Or just another Fox News viewer?
1-I think they've always been here.
2-Does the pope wear a funny hat?"

Hello nonoise,

I always thought it was 'Does the pope poop in the woods?'

Boy, I'm so embarrassed, I've been saying it wrong for the last 40 years.

Oh well,
  Tim
I Agree with the 3 above. The loss of the master tapes is the tragedy. Some truly amazing artists and their recordings of a piece of time that will never be heard again. I have not posted a lot but it seams sometimes it is difficult for people to stay on point.  I am saddened by the tragic loss of the music. Plus any future use of these master tapes to further reinforce our commitment to the accurate reproduction of their sound. Which is what we audiophiles all about. 
It is truly distressing that when we learn that approximately a half million irreplaceable masters of some of the greatest and often groundbreaking music of the greatest artists of the 20th Century, predominantly American artists, were lost to a fire, that some on this site of supposed audiophiles would rather turn this into a political debate rather than mourn the loss of these masters and use their energy constructively to consider ways that we could band together to encourage better protections for the other priceless masters still out there. Whatever happened to 'we the people'? Do the views of only one camp and their political agenda matter? Or do we all inhabit and love this land, our Constitution and the Bill of Rights? When supposed adults act like petulant 2 year olds, no worse, we have lost much more than priceless masters, we have lost the very basis of these United States of America. If even 'audiophiles' can gloat over the burning of music, I can only imagine the festivities that will take place when books and libraries are set ablaze. 
And here I was, thinking that those "vaults" were dug deep into some mountain with constant temperature, far from any traffic, heavily guarded, under seven locks, behind fireproof doors.

Now I have an impression that I take better care of my "masters" than Universal ever did of theirs.